Tuesday 10 April 2012

Starting Patchwork with my 'Free' Fabric

Well i've now started to get a few of my free fabric samples delivered and have more still to come. I'm quite impressed with the size of some of these samples - great for getting crafty with the biggest ones are about A5 size (I've got a few peices of silk, velvet and leather in there as well which is nice:

These are some of the first delivery of free fabric samples i've already cut up to start working with:

and my first 2 patchwork blocks - be gentle with me - they are my first proper sewing project and they are all being hand sewn

I am doing what is called 9patch's here and due to the small sizes of fabric samples i'm working with i'm keeping the patches quite scrappy and unmatching - I did try to get quite a lot of neutral colours and blues in my sample requests - so hopefully it will have a few common colours running through it.

I've not decided yet on whether to make a quilt or something smaller - so for now i'll just make up a load of patches and then decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment