Sunday 1 April 2012

Ginger and Banana Bread

I was sat here on Saturday afternoon - feeling quite hungry and debating on whether to go over to the corner shop to buy some cake to have with my afternoon cup of tea
Normally this would turn into a bit of a splurge and I'd easily spend £5+

I managed to avoid temptation by looking at what I had at home and making use of the 4 brown and spotty banana's I was thinking of throwing out

A quick search on google and I found i had everything I needed to make Ginger and Banana Bread


GINGER AND BANANA BREAD

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs - beaten
2 1/3 cups of mashed banana (I used 4 medium size bananas)
2 level teaspoons of ginger powder
Handful of Sultana's

  • Preheat oven to 175 degrees centigrade and prepare a loaf tin
  • Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, sultana's and ginger in a bowl
  • In a seperate bowl cream together the sugar and butter and then stir in the eggs and banana
  • Add the banana mix to the flour mix and stir together until combined
  • Pour the mix into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 60-65 minutes until a skewer/knife can be inserted and come out clean

The result was quite yummy and made enough to last a few days in a cake tin
As I had everything here already - I didn't have to spend a single penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment