Friday 6 April 2012

Spicy Toad in The Hole - Recipe (Total cost about £1.50)


I had a pack of super cheap value sausages to use up and a couple spare egg's - a quick search on http://www.supercook.com/ found I had all the rest of the ingredients needed for a Toad in the Hole - I doubled the recipe up as I had a lot of sausages to use up and I added my own spicy kick to the recipe.

Using the value sausages this whole meal - enough for 4 people cost about £1.50!!

RECIPE FOR SPICY TOAD IN THE HOLE

Ingredients:
2 Eggs,
150g plain white flour,
1/2 pint milk (I used semi skimmed),
8 sausages,
2-3 tbsps of oil,
Good Sprinkle of dried chilli flakes
1/2 a teaspoon of curry powder

Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees

Fry up the sausages until they are just cooked through use 1-2 teaspoons of oil - they will cook further in the oven

Whilst the sausages are cooking mix up the batter using the eggs, milk, flour, chilli flakes and curry powder and beat well/whisk

With some of the oil coat the bottom and sides of the dish you will be using

Place the sausages in the dish trying t arrange them so there is a bit of a gap inbetween them for the batter - pour the batter mix over the sausages and cook

Cook for 20-25 minutes (personally mine took longer about 35-40 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment